Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Moving right along

I finally took the plunge and signed up for a prenatal class.  It's called Birth and Babies, offered through the Calgary Health Region.  I had heard good things about the class, mostly the networking you do with other moms.  I'm hoping to recruit some friends and family to come with me, so that I'm not the only single mamma.

I did some Kijiji shopping on the weekend -- which made NO sense, since money is very tight this month.  Anyway, I bought a diaper box full of adorable clothes, and a kick-ass stroller!  A couple friends highly recommended Valco strollers, so I was on the look-out for a reasonably priced one.  More than a few people have warned me about cheapo strollers.  My friend, Carolyn, bought three strollers in her son's first year before finally buying a high-end one.  I didn't want to go down this road.  Sure, the Graco travel systems are cute, but can the stroller really make it outside during a Calgary winter?  I think not.

Anyway, the Valco I got is a few years old but came with the car seat attachment that works with my (free!) car seat.  AND it just happens to match the car seat!  They look like they came together.

So I'm very poor until payday, but I LOVE my new purchase, and so do my fur babies:




3 comments:

  1. GREAT purchase!

    And I love your cats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These made me laugh out loud - which I really needed. Thank you so much for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome deal!

    You'll like the prenatal classes...although some of mine were a bit tedious, I was glad to go since I did learn some things I wasn't aware of...

    ReplyDelete