Monday, December 6, 2010

I'm behind

I haven't posted in a while, and now I'm behind on things I wanted to post.  First of all, my heart goes out to Paige.  We were only about 20 days apart, so I felt a special 'internet stranger' kinship with her.  Life is so unfair sometimes.  A few weeks ago some other choice mom bloggers received bad news as well.


I think I may need to distance myself from so much blog reading.  I know it's reality, but so much bad news really gets to me.  I'm so paranoid about this pregnancy.  Everything has just been too easy.

But then I think, "you can't live in fear, you need to enjoy this time and not worry so much.  There will be plenty to worry about as a mother!"

After waiting 17 weeks I finally told the admin at my school.  Then when I got home, I let the cat out of the bag on Facebook.  The response has been overwhelming!  Everyone is so happy!  It's truly amazing how fast news spreads.  My cousin's wife phoned my aunt right away, who phoned me for the story, who phoned my other aunt, who also phoned me right away.  So much LOVE!

One of my co-workers phoned and said, "your status says you're expecting.  Does that means, as in, 'expecting a package'???"  Um, no, I explained to her, didn't she see my profile picture?  I changed it to an ultrasound photo.  She was just so shocked that she didn't even notice the picture!  So cute!

Only one comment has asked about 'who the guy is'.  I love keeping people guessing!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I've been lurking on your blog for a little while...enjoying all of your good news. I plan to become a choice mom too...going to be having IUI in January. I still don't know how I'm going to respond when someone asks who the guy is

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I know what you mean about the bad news getting to you. I have been struggling myself...

    It's so exciting that you let the cat out of the bag!! I had a few, "I didn't even know you were dating anyone" comments myself...

    ReplyDelete