Sunday, October 17, 2010

Control Issues?

I've just finished reading this book, and one of
things that stood out to me was when the author said that labor and delivery are full of lots of surprises and shocks.  Do I really want the sex of my baby to be one of them?  From the beginning I've said that I want to wait to find out, that "there are so few surprises in life", but now, now I'm thinking I REALLY want to know!

My sister found out with both her kids, and now she says she totally regrets it.  She wished she had something more exciting to tell people (during those first phone calls) than just the name they picked out.

I've looked at what's out there for unisex clothing and it really does suck!  I sort of have my heart set on a girl, so I think it would be pretty shitty to get my hopes up, only to have them dashed in the delivery room.  Of course, I'll love a boy just as much as a girl.

Waiting will mean letting go of the control that I almost always have over my life.  Finding out early will mean that more people can help me out with 'baby stuff'.  Let's face it, I'll need all the help I can get!

I don't know...maybe I'll just 'see' something on the ultrasound?

2 comments:

  1. I look at it as preparedness.... being a single mom, we don't have that DH to help out or run errands for us. Once the baby comes, the 'free' time to get out and shop for gender specific goodies is gone... at least this is my justification on why I would want to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the opposite...I always thought I'd want to know then almost didn't find out...it was my need for planning & preparedness that took over & look, it could still go either way for me!!

    ReplyDelete