Sunday, October 24, 2010

Early Pregnancy Course

I went to an Early Pregnancy Course on Thurs. evening.  It is one of a series of free courses put on by the Calgary Health Region.  I walked in late and quickly took the seat closest to the door.  Then I looked around... everyone was there with their partner, including the lesbian couple.  For the first time since starting this journey, I felt really different.  It's not like anyone knew I was a Choice Mom, they could have thought I had an asshole for a partner, one who was too busy to attend the class.

Throughout the class I noticed everyone holding hands, giving each other tender little kisses, etc.  Blllleaaccchhh!!  It was enough to make me lose my dinner.

Or maybe I was just jealous?

The class was good - it was nice to see that the other women are having exactly the same issues as I am.  Most people were around 10-13 weeks, so I also made a mental note of how much everyone was showing.  I don't think I'm showing yet, I'm just fat!  One of the women already had a kid, so she was showing the most.  The others ranged from totally flat to obviously bulging.

The two most helpful things I learned that night are that's it perfectly OK to have baths, because you are not immersing your entire body, and the water gradually cools off.  The instructor also said I don't need to worry about dyeing my hair since the dye is only on for such a short time, no chemicals are going to make their way to my baby.

My sister and I started Christmas shopping last weekend.  I love the build-up to Christmas!  It's soooo much better than the actual day.  The Children's Place had some great sales on so I stocked up on $1.00 onesies, shirts, a dress, and tank tops.  Without even trying, almost everything is girlie.  I want a girl!  There is no denying it!

I'm leaning more and more towards finding out the sex...  I NEED to prepare myself if it's a boy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great class! I've pretty much decided not to go to any classes, just because of the whole loving couples things. But thinking about it I just realized that while I know where everything is at my hospital's Birthplace, I have absolutely no idea what it's like to be a patient, or what to tell friends and family to expect when they come visit! So maybe I'll have to do the Birthplace tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $1 Onesies!!! I must head to The Children's place right away!!!

    I was lucky that they have prenatal classes for single moms here...there were still a few couples though.

    ReplyDelete