Friday, October 8, 2010

Oh, shit!

I've been very lucky with my pregnancy symptoms.  I've only felt nausous a few times.  I nearly puked about twice (but I think it was just heart burn), and my breasts are tender, but not painfully sore.

Shitting, however, has become an issue.  Two weeks ago, I was so constipated I thought I was going to explode.  I made an effort to eat more fibre and drink tonnes of fluid.  The result?  Well, now I have terrible gas ALL THE TIME.  I'm back to being very regular, but I'm so bloated and gassy that it's become an embarrassment!

My stomach seems HUGE already, and I know it's too early to show.  It's just bloated FAT!  The evenings are the worst.  It's times like this that I'm happy to live alone!

I think I'm going to be one of those women who gain wayyyy too much weight.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Gas-X and stool softeners are some of my best friends! My sister called her first trimester bump her "poo baby" and I guess that was pretty accurate. It's hard to keep it a secret when you already look pregnant, even if it is just bloating.

    Exactly how pregnant are you right now? Your ticker says 9 weeks, but yesterday's post from Baby Center says 8.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I had an IUI, I know exactly when I conceived (Aug. 26th), but the fertility clinic based my due date on my last period. They told me my date was May 12th. I understand that due dates are not normally based on conception dates (since most people don't know), but when you DO know, doesn't it make more sense to use that date? So at one of my early ultrasounds, when the tech. said I was measuring perfectly for 5 weeks (not the 6 clinic said I was), I decided to change my own due date! I guess I'm being silly. I don't have my first regular doctor appointment until Oct. 26th, so I'll see what she says and adjust accordingly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure how I missed this post!! Anyway I hear you on the symptoms front...I swing between 2 extremes - constipation & diarrea, nothing inbetween! & oh, the heartburn is the bain of my pregnancy but I have it under control for the most part with Gaviscon (or the generic brand)...take care, it's all worth it!!

    ReplyDelete