Sunday, November 7, 2010

Oh, Mother!

So I gave my Mom her present, and she had it open before we'd even left the airport.  She looked at it, was silent, and then said, "So S is having another baby?  Or...wait... you're having a baby??!!"  S is my little sister who already has two kids.

My response??

"MOM, why would I wrap up an ultrasound photo of S's baby???!!!"

She felt kinda dumb for a split second and then said, " I KNEW it!  I KNEW you would do this!!!"

She's beyond thrilled!  She's already planning to take a month off in May to be with me for the birth and after.  Then I was talking about when I would return to work, and she offered to come out again to do a few weeks of free childcare to ease the transition.

THEN she said, "Well, you have to have two."

Wooooaaahhh!!!  Slow down there, partner!  I told her it would be impossible with the cost of daycare, but I was keeping two vials of 'babydaddy' on ice, just in case.

So now she's dieing to tell everyone, but I won't let her!  There is a certain hierarchy of people to be told.  It needs to go in order, so as not to piss people off. 

I did let her call my step-dad, and when she told him I have a feeling I know what his response was.  Probably something along the lines of 'a baby needs a father'.  When she hung up the phone, she didn't say what his reaction was, and I didn't ask.  If he doesn't approve, I really don't want to know!!

I'm starting my 13th week tomorrow!! 

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on telling your mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting! I'm so happy she had such a wonderful and supportive response! That makes all the difference in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great reaction. It is going to mean so much for you to have your Mom there at the birth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You need to have two!" is the best reaction ever!! So happy that your mother is so supportive. And I'm sure your step-dad will come around soon... everyone loves a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your mom is so excited and your step-dad will be too probably just a shock right now.

    ReplyDelete