Monday, May 16, 2011

Deja Vu?

So my due date has come and gone...I wonder how to fix that on the countdown ticker?  But now that I think about it, that ticker is set to my original due date (16th).  Oh well, two different doctor's offices = two different due dates.

I went to the doctor today and once again my blood pressure was too high, after taking it three times.

She checked me and said I was 4 cm dilated and 70% effaced.  Then she 'stretched and swept' my membranes.  Uncomfortable?  Yes.  Painful?  No.

Then I was sent off to the hospital once again for monitoring.  The doctor seemed pretty confident that the on-call doctor at the hospital would want to induce.  She also mentioned that it wasn't too busy, so it was a 'good day to have a baby'.  This hospital gets VERY busy.

I did not go straight to the hospital this time, since my Mom and brother were waiting for me at home.  Once I got home, I grabbed my bags and off we went.

Just like last time, my blood pressure went down, but then it went up again, and remained up, but just 'borderline'.  My blood work was fine, and the baby was fine, so they let me go home.

WOOHOOOO for not being induced today!  I reallllly want this baby to come when she's ready.

While being monitored I did feel some light menstrual cramps, so I think the sweep and stretch worked.  But now, hours later, I feel nothing.

Back to the doctor on Weds. and then another ultrasound on Friday...if there's still no baby.

If my pressure is high on Weds. I really don't think they'll let me go home again.  Cross your fingers!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I really hope you avoid induction! Since you're at 4cm now, hopefully you go into labor on your own. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was on that same roller coaster with the high bp. They had me induced but I had no progress prior so hopefully you will be luckier to go on your own. This was the time I felt like a yoyo but you sound prepared. I hope you enjoy these last few days of pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you don't have to be induced!! Here's hoping your girl starts making her on way into the world!!

    ReplyDelete